After an evening of drinking with my old sensei in Pattaya, discussing kendo, I was constantly trying to maintain my centre in all the ji-keiko I did, with good results I must say. However as always, there's still much to work on. Which brings me to our next agenda ...
During the head of the dojo's new year's speech, he suggested we all make kendo resolutions. So I've been thinking about mine. It defnitely has to be something achievable, in terms of difficulty and time. I've come up with these 5:
- Pass 2dan shinsa in February
- Win all my matches at the Uni Taikai in March, this year in Edinburgh (hopefully the team will place gold)
- Make better use of my size with my seme
- Straighter kendo, minimise the flair
- Improve speed & leg strength